I recently joined Turntable Kitchen. Earlier this week I received my first package. It contained a fantastic limited edition 45 by Tei Shi, which made me VERY happy, but I was a little disappointed by the “premium” ingredient of the month: juniper berries. That is, until I saw the recipe for their cabbage, white bean, and chorizo soup.
Check out the (slightly altered, wife-friendly) recipe below and sign up for Turntable Kitchen today!
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of turkey chorizo sausage, crumbled
4 cups of green cabbage, shredded
1 teaspoon of juniper berries, crushed
2 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
6 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of water
grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
3. Add chunks of chorizo to onion & garlic mixture. Stir occasionally until browned.
4. Stir in cabbage until coated.
5. Add chicken broth, water, beans, and juniper berries. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
6. Turn down heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the cabbage has softened.
7. Serve with grated Romano cheese and enjoy!
(Original recipe concept from Turntable Kitchen.)