There is no wrong time to eat pizza. Not even for breakfast! But I’m not talking about cold leftovers here. I’m talking about Naan Breakfast Pizza! It has eggs, bacon, pancetta, chorizo, cheese, and more cheese, green onions, and parsley and it’s guaranteed to have you starting your day off right.
Note: This was my first attempt at making this and I overcooked it slightly (see photograph below) because I wanted to make sure the egg was fully cooked. Next time, I’ll watch it like a hawk as it bakes!
1 pre-cooked naan (I used one of THESE)
1 teaspoon of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 strips of bacon
1/3 cup of pancetta, diced
1/3 cup of cooked, crumbled chorizo sausage (for instructions, watch THIS video)
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
1 tablespoon of fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon of fresh green onions
1. In a 400 degree oven, cook the bacon on baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, to desired crispiness.
2. As the bacon is cooking, cook the pancetta on the stove over medium-low heat in a saute pan for 5 to 6 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside.
3. When the bacon is finished, allow it to cool slightly and then chop into small pieces.
4. Place the naan bubble-side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano and mozzarella cheese. Add the bacon, pancetta, and chorizo. Crack 2 eggs onto the naan. Add salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the eggs are cooked. Try not to overcook it like I did, unless you like your pizza well-done!
6. As the pizza bakes, finely chop the parsley and green onions.
7. When the pizza is done, remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and green onions.
8. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
(This recipe appeared in its original form HERE.)