I love French toast — especially when the ends get all crunchy — and this recipe for vanilla honey French toast is my absolute favorite!
Vanilla Honey French Toast
8 1¼” thick slices Italian baguette bread
1-2 tbsp butter or ghee
1 cup whole milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Maple syrup, fresh fruit, or honey (optional)
1. Whisk together the milk, egg, honey, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with ½ a tablespoon of your butter.
3. Soak bread slices briefly on both sides, in batches, before placing in the pan to cook.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the bread is a nice golden brown. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side before removing to a serving plate. Continue cooking in batches until you’ve finished.
5. Serve immediately with fresh fruit, honey, or syrup.