There were three things I that I really missed when I was slogging through my Whole30 Challenge: BEER, CHEESE, and BREAD. This recipe has all three! Add bacon into the mix (literally and figuratively) and you’ve got the makings of a winner! Behold the wonder that is Beer, Bacon, and Cheddar Bread:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
12 ounces of a solid India Pale Ale
4 pieces of thick-cut bacon, diced
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease a 9×12 loaf pan.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until just about crispy (4 minutes should do). Drain fat and then set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk egg with honey, then pour it onto flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Slowly add beer and mix into the batter, then fold bacon and cheddar into the batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, using a spatula to even out the top, and bake for 50 minutes or until a butter knife inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to sit in the pan for at least 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.
The original version of this recipe can be found at Food Republic.