This ultra-moist dessert bread absolutely pops with flavor and was a big hit with all who were able to try it! Use only fresh blueberries for this recipe, folks…Oh…and sorry for the terrible photograph.
Lemon Blueberry Bread with Lemon Glaze
For the bread:
2 cups all-purpose flour plus another 1 tbsp. (for the blueberries)
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup. coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain greek yogurt
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
1 cup fresh blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
¾ cup confectioners sugar
1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with baking cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, greek yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
5. Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients, until smooth.
6. Lightly fold the blueberries into the batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. The bread will be finished when a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Once bread is finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan. Remove from loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once the bread has cooled, whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Start with one tablespoon of lemon juice and whisk well, adding and adjusting lemon juice and sugar as necessary.
10. Make sure the bread has cooled, then, using a spoon, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread. Let it rest until the glaze has hardened.
(Original recipe can be found at Live Well Bake Often.)