One of the best meals that I made during my Whole30 Challenge, this roasted chicken dish is so easy to prepare! The chicken came out incredibly tender and I loved the way the tartness of the lemons balanced so well with the savory rosemary. Typing this, I want to make this dish again right now (and it’s only 9:00 am)!
Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
4-6 pieces chicken thighs with skin (I used bone-in)
1 lb. baby red potatoes or fingerling potatoes
½ onion – cut in large chunks
2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
⅓ cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Chop onion and thinly slice one lemon.
4. Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up) in the baking dish, followed by the potatoes, sliced onion, and lemon slices.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour mixture all over chicken and potatoes. Add more salt and pepper.
6. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.
Original recipe can be found at Laughing Spatula.