There are plenty of no-knead bread recipes floating around the internet, but this one has to be the easiest — and the results are always top-notch! It does require a Dutch oven capable of withstanding at least 450 degrees for extended periods of time, so before making this delicious bread make sure your ovenware can handle the heat!
The World’s Easiest, Crusty, No-Knead Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1¾ tsp salt
½ tsp active dry yeast
1½ cups room temperature water
1. In a large bowl mix flour, salt, and yeast. Add the water and use a spatula to gently mix it until everything is incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on your counter for 12 to 18 hours — or if you have cats, hide it on top of the refrigerator!
2. After enough time has elapsed, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put an empty Dutch oven into your preheated oven and heat it until it reaches 450 F degrees — this should take about 20-30 minutes.
3. Using well-floured hands gently remove the dough from the bowl and place it onto a well-floured surface. Gently shape the dough into a rough ball.
4. Carefully remove Dutch oven and remove the lid.
5. Take the ball of dough and drop it into the Dutch oven. Cover the pot with the lid and place it back in the oven.
6. Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on.
7. Remove the lid and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the bread is a nice golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.